Prince Andrew was today stripped of his military titles, royal patronage, and royal honors by the Queen, who said he would have to face his sexual abuse lawsuit as a “private citizen,” the Daily Mail reported.

Buckingham Palace announced the Queen’s decision in a statement released on Thursday, Jan. 13, “With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen,” it read. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

The Queen’s decision comes a day after the U.S. judge in charge of the lawsuit by his accuser, Virginia Roberts, rejected a request to dismiss the suit.

Prince Andrew will have to face a trial described by the media as “humiliating” because he will be questioned about his sex life and even his private parts to determine the veracity of the crimes of which he is accused.

Prince Andrew’s doom began with the conviction of Ghislaine Maxwell, the right-hand woman of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. She was convicted of “facilitating and participating in the sexual abuse of children” on Dec. 29 last year.

Given the evidence presented in the trial, Maxwell’s conviction cleared the way for Ms. Virginia Roberts to “have her day in court.”

Ms Roberts says she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew on three occasions in 2001, when she was 17, and that he knew she was a victim of trafficking.

She claims Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell offered her to the prince and other rich and powerful friends for sex.

The prince strongly denies the allegations.

Faced with the possibility of facing a trial for sexual abuse, the prince’s legal representation shuffled the possibility of offering Ms. Roberts a million-dollar sum to “settle” and avoid further humiliating the British royal family.

In fact, reports indicate that the prince left the way clear to sell a chalet in the French Alps valued at around 18 million pounds sterling.

However, Ms. Roberts would apparently be willing to turn down the possible £10 million offer in exchange for going to court.

Whether Roberts accepts or rejects the million-dollar offer, the prince’s reputation after the Queen’s decision to strip him of his military titles has already damaged his reputation beyond repair.

The prince could simply not obey court orders and let the judge issue a conviction, but critics say that is even worse for his reputation.

Should he accept the court order, the prince will have to answer questions via video call from London.

In any case, as it is a civil and not a criminal suit, the Duke of York is in no danger of extradition, and 99% of civil cases end with the parties reaching a financial settlement.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.