Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister says the investigation into the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi will produce the truth about what happened.

He also pledged that mechanisms will be put in place so that “something like this can never happen again.”

FILE – In this Feb. 1, 2015 file photo, Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi speaks during a news conference in Manama, Bahrain. Saudi Arabia is moving ahead with plans to hold a glitzy investment forum that kicks off Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018, despite some of its most important speakers pulling out in the global outcry over the killing of Khashoggi. The meeting was intended to draw leading investors who could help underwrite Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s ambitious plans to revamp the economy. (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali, File)

Adel al-Jubeir spoke on Tuesday in Indonesia, just hours before Turkey’s president was expected to detail his own country’s findings.

Turkish police secure an underground car park, where authorities earlier found a vehicle belonging to the Saudi Consulate, in Istanbul, Monday, Oct. 22, 2018. Turkish crime-scene investigators have arrived at the park, where the car , according to news reports, was left two weeks ago. Investigators looking into the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi had last week searched other consulate vehicles, along with the consulate building and the consul general’s residence.(AP Photo/Mehmet Guzel)

Al-Jubeir says Saudi Arabia is committed to ensuring “that the investigation is thorough and complete and that the truth is revealed and that those responsible will be held to account.”

Saudi Arabia has acknowledged that Kashoggi died on Oct. 2, during a visit to the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul. It maintains he died in a fistfight. Turkish officials say the 59-year-old was attacked and killed by a 15-man Saudi team.

Source: The Associated Press

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.