Polish firefighters have blamed substandard electrical wiring and lax security procedures at an “Escape Room” for a fire that killed five teenage girls and injured a man.

The bodies of the 15-year-old victims were found Friday in Koszalin, in northern Poland, after firefighters put out a blaze in an adjacent room. Asphyxiation is the probable cause of the deaths.

Poland’s firefighting chief, Leszek Suski, said Saturday that electrical wiring at the location was makeshift and too close to flammable materials, while the man in charge was probably not there when the fire broke out.

The “Escape Room” game has players locked inside a room or building and they must find clues that help them get out.

Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has sent condolences to the victims’ families.

Source: The Associated Press

Tags: Categories: Europe World