Hong Kong pro-democracy lawmakers and activists on Wednesday, Sept. 4, denounce the decision to withdraw the controversial China extradition bill that has triggered months of demonstrations.

They are saying Executive Carrie Lam’s concession “has come too little, too late."

Pro-democracy lawmaker, member of the Hong Kong Legislative Council Claudia Mo condemns Lam’s bid to address public grievances, stating the decision is “absurd” and “not acceptable.”

[Claudia Mo, pro-democracy lawmaker]: "The Carrie Lam concession, so-called concession has come too little too late. The damage is done. The scars and wounds are still bleeding in Hong Kong. She thinks she can use some garden hose to put out a hill fire, that's not going to be acceptable.”

Mo says the protesters are asking for all their demands to be fulfilled: “It's up to our young protesters on the front line to see, to decide how they should take it, and my immediate impression is that they are adamant about the five demands being met before their fight could, would actually stop."

Mo criticizes Lam’s concessionary offer.

Lam announces earlier on Wednesday that her government will formally withdraw the China extradition bill that will allow the Chinese communist regime to extradite people—Hong Kong residents and foreigners—to mainland China for prosecution.

Pro-establishment lawmaker Starry Lee, however, is urging protesters to accept Lam’s offer.

Speaking from Taiwan, pro-democracy activist Joshua Wong says Lam’s decision has come “too late and too slow now.”

“In the past two months with our strike and protest, we're strongly aware of the crackdown of human rights. No matter more than 1,200 activists were arrested; more than a hundred of our teammates were prosecuted, including at least eight activists passed away as suicide,” said Wong, who adds that the protests will continue and that all their demands be met.