The Trump administration on Monday again slammed the World Health Organization’s response to the CCP Virus (coronavirus) pandemic, saying it failed to obtain information about the virus when the world needed. President Donald Trump also sent a letter threatening to make WHO funding freeze permanent.

U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar took on the WHO’s virtual World Health Assembly to scold the U.N.’s health agency on its handling of the virus outbreak, saying, “That failure cost many lives,” CNBC reported.

“In an apparent attempt to conceal this outbreak, at least one member state made a mockery of their transparency obligations, with tremendous costs for the entire world,” Azar said in an apparent reference to China [the Chinese Communist Party].

“We saw that the WHO failed at its core mission of information sharing and transparency when member states do not act in good faith. This cannot ever happen again,” he added.

Earlier on Monday, May 18, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said his organization will initiate an independent review into its handling of the CCP Virus pandemic at the earliest appropriate moment and urged countries to continue funding the agency.

However, President Trump sent a letter to Ghebreyesus on the same day, threatening to permanently halt U.S. funding for the WHO if it does not commit to “major substantive improvements” in the next 30 days.

In the letter, the president explained that on April 14 he suspended U.S. contributions to the WHO pending an investigation of the organization’s failed handling of the virus outbreak. But his administration’s review has confirmed many of the serious concerns raised last month and identified others that the WHO should have addressed, especially the organization’s alarming lack of independence from the CCP where the virus outbreak began.

President Trump laid out a series of allegations of repeated missteps in the way the WHO has handled the virus outbreak that “have been extremely costly for the world.”

“We do not have time to waste. That is why it is my duty, as President of the United States, to inform you that, if the World Health Organization does not commit to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days, I will make my temporary freeze of United States funding to the World Health Organization permanent and reconsider our membership in the organization,” President Trump wrote.

“I cannot allow American taxpayer dollars to continue to finance an organization that, in its present state, is so clearly not serving America’s interests,” he added.

The United States is the WHO’s largest single donor, contributing between $400 million to $500 million each year to the world’s health agency, while the CCP offers only about $40 million.

During the virtual assembly, Chinese leader Xi Jinping said that his country will provide $2 billion over two years to help other countries respond to the impact of the CCP Virus pandemic.