The Pentagon has confirmed that leaked images of UFOs flying over U.S. warships were indeed taken by U.S. Navy personnel who captured several leaked images and a video showing unidentified aerial phenomena. An investigation is currently underway by the Department of Defense’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force (UAPTF). 

“I can confirm that the photos and videos referenced were taken by Navy personnel. The UAPTF has included these incidents in its ongoing reviews,” Pentagon spokeswoman Susan Gough told The Debrief in an email Saturday, The Daily Caller reported.

John Greenewald, who runs the popular government document archive The Black Vault, also confirmed the images’ authenticity.

On December 3, 2020, The Debrief reported a leaked UFO photograph captured by the rear-seat weapons system officer of a F/A-18 fighter jet.

The object in the photo, now dubbed “Acorn,” and two other images that were recently leaked depict unusual aerial objects. Las Vegas investigative journalist George Knapp published all on April 6, 2021. The other two images, described by Knapp as “the metallic blimp” and the “sphere,” were captured within 30 minutes on the same day and at the same location.

In his article, Knapp reported that the photos showed three separate objects, all taken on the same day. So far, The Debrief has not been able to independently confirm that these were three different objects. However, analysis of the image metadata supports that the pilots took all three photos during a 32-minute period on the same day. 

The news that has shaken all followers of these phenomena is that the Pentagon confirmed that the 18-second long video and the four still images are authentic and were taken by Navy personnel in 3 separate incidents.

“We did our due diligence and were confident the image was part of the UAP Task Force’s files before we ever published. Nevertheless, it’s still great to see the DoD is now willing to confirm its authenticity,” The Debrief’s Cofounder Tim McMillan said.

The news comes weeks after Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) told a reporter that he is concerned about UFOs flying over U.S. military bases. And he called on security officials to issue reports about them.

In an unusual interview at Reagan National Airport near Washington, Rubio demanded answers to reports of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) “flying over military installations” in the United States, Fox News reported.

While the Pentagon did not confirm that their statements had anything to do with Rubio’s request, it clarifies that what the senator mentioned is accurate. There is empirical evidence to support the existence of unidentified flying objects flying over the U.S. security system.