Twitter has suspended a Christian organization after it stated the biological sex of the assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services, and described a “transgender woman” as “a man who believes he is a woman.”
Social media has targeted many conservative voices in a clampdown on free speech, including former President Donald Trump, and My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell.
“You can now add Focus on the Family’s The Daily Citizen to the list,” Jim Daly, president of Focus, wrote in a blog last week.
Daly detailed the censorship that has been happening since President Trump was defeated in the Nov. 3 election.
“As I’ve noted before, Big Tech titans are the new emperors of the twenty-first century, wielding an inordinate amount of power by silencing individuals and organizations that don’t comport or cave to their political or social point of view.
This past week, Twitter locked The Daily Citizen for an alleged rules violation, specifically that we had posted “hateful” content. It’s simply not true. We did no such thing.”
The contentious issue, according to Twitter, was a story about Dr. Rachel Levine, President Biden’s controversial nominee for assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services. Using the information that “Dr. Levine is a transgender woman, that is, a man who believes he is a woman,” was enough for Twitter to slap a ban on The Daily Citizen.
“Over the course of the last week, President Biden has been stressing the need for unity—but his actions since taking office are all about demanding uniformity,” Daly wrote. “There appears to be no room for convictional disagreement.You will comply—or be silenced.”
Daly then went on to mention other voices that have been silenced by Big Tech.
• Curt Schilling—had his insurance dropped by AIG; may not make Hall of Fame today because of statements supporting conservative causes
• Brandon Eich—Mozilla CEO, ousted after it was discovered he’d privately given money in support of California’s anti-gay marriage referendum in the past
• Martina Navratilova—thrown off LGBT advocacy board and loses speaking engagements and documentary after arguing that transgender male athletes shouldn’t be able to compete in women’s sports
• JK Rowling—prevented from getting last book published because of tweets making distinctions between the sexes.
• CrossFit founder Greg Glassman forced to sell company after making remarks critical of the rioting last year
“It goes on and on,” Daly wrote. “And we’re only at the beginning of a coordinated effort to silence those of us with socially conservative convictions.”
Ariel Pink was dropped from a record label for attending Trump rally, not to mention all of the people who have been fired from jobs for attending the Jan. 6 rally, regardless of whether they even came near the Capitol.
“In addition to a petition and the letter, earlier today FPA [Family Policy Alliance] launched a Twitter campaign, #AreWeNext? They and supportive organizations and individuals are asking if they’ll also be locked out of Twitter for stating the truth that transgender-identified individuals remain the genetic and biological sex they were born, regardless of drugs, hormones and surgeries,” the Daily Citizen reported.