A three-year-old boy died at a Florida home Sunday, Aug. 4, after becoming trapped in a front-loading washing machine, according to Orlando police.

Investigators with the Orlando Police Department said it appears the child was playing with his sibling in the laundry room of the home 500 block of Lake Como Circle when he was trapped in the front-loading washer.

The child was found unresponsive by paramedics. They performed CPR in an effort to revive him.

He was later transported to Arnold Palmer Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

In light of this death, authorities are urging parents to take precautions to prevent similar situations from happening, such as laundry rooms with their own doors and handles should be secured using a child-proof handle or lock. Additionally, doors of a dryer and washer should be closed and locked at all time.

Orlando Police Department spokesman Cory Burkarth said in a statement: “We also ask that parents speak with their children and teach them that washers, dryers and other appliances are not toys and should not be played with.”

No other details were released as the investigation is ongoing, Burkarth said.