President Trump’s campaign is challenging the second presidential debate’s moderator, C-SPAN anchor Steve Scully, over his connection to former Vice President Joe Biden.

Scully, the host of “Washington Journal,” was an intern in the office of Sen. Joseph R. Biden (D-Del.), and later a staff assistant in Sen. Edward M. Kennedy’s (D-Mass.) communication office.

On Thursday, one of his tweets resurfaced, containing a photo of him with Biden. “Gotta love the @VP at the Biden Beach Bash ’16,” it read. In response, Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller tweeted: “Don’t forget to change before the debate, fellas!”

Scully had previously tweeted a New York Times op-ed titled, No, Not Trump, Not Ever.

In it, the Times’s David Brooks concluded, “Trump’s supporters deserve respect. They are left out of this economy. But Trump himself? No, not Trump, not ever.” as reported by Fox News.

Scully’s appointment as the second moderator has raised concerns, with Dan Gainor, the conservative Media Research Center vice president, asking, “How is this even possible?” when speaking with Fox News.

“When they picked the moderator did they try to ensure that it would be biased to benefit Biden? This is the equivalent of giving the Democrats home-field advantage,” he said.

In an interview Scully did in early September, he put forward the idea he would, as a moderator, “be fair, across the board. The town hall meeting is unique because it’s really more of a facilitator role, but to listen carefully, to follow up, to make sure that the president, that Joe Biden … follow the rules, that they don’t filibuster,” he said.

“And my hope really is that we’re going to ask very direct questions, and we’re going to push for very direct answers and to make sure it’s fair across the board,” he said, according to Fox News.

The first presidential debate on Tuesday night, Sept. 29, was loaded with fireworks, and the remaining two will likely be full of smoldering embers, minus the fireworks.

Scully may be given the right to mute the president should he interrupt Biden, reported The Daily Mail.

The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Wednesday, following the first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, that due to the fiery nature of the interaction between the two, changes will be made to the structure of the remaining debates, “to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues.”

The president and Biden will face each other next on Oct. 15 in Miami for a town-hall-style debate with Scully as the moderator.