President Trump’s decision to pull troops from Syria has triggered hate from critics, as mainstream media has been trying to make him look bad. ABC News recently issued a statement and apologized for using fake video in their programmings reporting on the event.
The video, which was aired on ABC’s shows “World News Tonight” and “Good Morning America” earlier this week with host Tom Llamas reported that Turkish military forces were attacking the Kurdish military in Syria and “the situation rapidly spiraling out of control in northern Syria.”
“One week since President Trump ordered U.S. forces out of that region, effectively abandoning America’s allies in the fight against [ISIS],” the host said.
However, the video was actually found to be a gun demonstration filmed in 2017 at Knob Creek Gun Range in Kentucky.
During a press conference on Wednesday, Oct. 16, President Trump slammed ABC News for the fake video.
“We have a situation where Turkey is taking land from Syria. Syria is not happy about it. Let them work it out. We shouldn’t be over there,” the president said. “And you should get your accounts correct and you shouldn’t be showing buildings blowing up in Kentucky and say it’s Syria because that really is Fake News.”
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) October 16, 2019
ABC News then admitted their mistake and released a statement:
“[W]e’ve taken down the video that aired on World News Tonight Sunday and Good Morning America this morning that appeared to be from the Syrian border immediately after questions were raised about its accuracy. ABC News regrets the error,” the statement said.
President Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria was made to ensure that American troops were not caught up in the fighting between Turkish and Kurdish forces.
“The safety of our men and women in uniform remains our top priority,” Defense Secretary Mark Esper said on Friday, Oct. 11.