Gage Halupowski, 24, one of the black-masked antifa, was sentenced to almost six years in prison on Friday, Nov. 1, after pleading guilty to second-degree assault in connection with the June 29 attack on an elderly man and his good Samaritan in Portland.

According to the Oregonian’s report, Halupowski, one of many antifa involved in the fight at Pioneer Courthouse Square, received 70 months in court Friday.

The Halupowski was captured on video as he and his group attacked an elderly man who was walking through their marching area.

The video, posted by Ian Miles Cheong, Human Events managing editor, showed a group of thugs grabbing an elderly man with white hair and beating him with a crowbar and spraying him with mace. A big man in a black shirt with a red beard, Adam Kelly, tried to intervene but antifa members beat him as well, striking him over his head before spraying him with mace. Yet the man did not give up on helping the elderly man.

Kelly headed over to help the elderly man but then he was attacked again by masked antifa, who shoved him away and up onto the sidewalk, where he was sprayed again from an industrial-sized can of mace.

Kelly then was taken to the hospital. Doctors used 25 stitches and staples to close the bloody gashes on his head. The probable cause affidavit said that an officer saw Halupowski run up behind Kelly and strike him on the head with an expandable baton.

Once able to get to his feet, the elderly man continued walking away from the violent protesters screaming at him.

A man with a camera stepped in and handed the bleeding elderly man a cloth to wipe his face. The elderly man then held onto his rescuer’s hand and the man walked him safely away from the crowd, the video showed.

Police said Halupowski punched an officer in the arm and ran away while being taken into custody, The Oregonian reported.

A grand jury indicted Halupowski in July on charges of second-degree assault, unlawful use of a weapon, attempted assault of a public safety officer, and interfering with a peace officer.

The violence and chaos had escalated to the point where the Portland Police Bureau was forced to declare a civil disturbance and unlawful assembly. During the violent protests led by black-masked antifa, multiple citizens, police officers, and at least one journalist were injured and three people were arrested, as reported by The Oregonian.

Tags: Categories: U.S.