The law enforcement agency in charge of locating missing Brian Laundrie stated Friday, Oct. 8, that they were confused by the oddities provided in his parents’ recount.
“We’ve said from the beginning there’s a lot of oddness here, a lot of things that just didn’t make sense,” said North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor, according to the Sun.
Taylor noted they have yet to draw any conclusion about the 23-year-old Laundrie, who disappeared several days after the remains of his girlfriend Gabby Petito, 22, was found in a Wyoming national park on Sept. 19.
“I mean your son walks out there, now they’re saying on a Monday, to report that on a Friday, and then be confused about what day that was… there are a lot of things that are odd there.”
Previously, the parents of Brian, the only listed person of interest in the death of Petito, said they last saw him on Sept. 14. They looked for him in the Carlton Reserve the following day and found his Ford Mustang abandoned there. They retrieved the vehicle the next day, thinking he might get back to it.
Yet as of Oct. 8, the family attorney confirmed with the press that they had changed their recount back a day sooner. This adjustment was made after confirmation that the Mustang was still at their house on Sept. 14.
Brian was closely monitored by the North Port Police when he disappeared. Taylor said the department was still perplexed as to how they may have left a loophole for him to vanish, noting that “no investigation is perfect.”
Petito’s death has been ruled a homicide. The autopsy results of the cause of death have not been disclosed.
Despite several probable sightings and leads, in addition to Dog the Bounty Hunter joining the search, Laundrie’s whereabouts have remained a mystery for nearly a month.
The fugitive’s father, Christopher Laundrie, has joined the manhunt as of Wednesday, Fox13 reported.