The 13-year-old boy, Jericho Werrell, accused in a double murder in Robeson County, North Carolina, who had escaped from officers following a court appearance in Lumberton on Tuesday, Nov. 5, was found and is back in custody, WRAL reported.

Jericho’s uncle, Wayne Lambert, who describes himself as the only dad the boy has ever known, said before that the teen is not a threat to anyone and is likely frightened and doesn’t know what to do.

According to Jericho’s mother, Nikki Jacobs, he went to his grandmother’s old abandoned home after escaping and spent Tuesday night and all day Wednesday there. He waited until dark to arrive at his uncle’s home.

Lambert said he let Jericho take a shower and get cleaned up before calling the marshals. He also said Jericho had removed the shackles from his legs in the wood.

“I just thank God that he came home to me and I was the one that could put my hands on him before the officials did or anybody else would hurt this child, because he’s not a very bad kid,” Lambert told WRAL. “He’s a respectful child.”

“When I seen him, I said, ‘Baby, you know what we got to do.’ He said, ‘Daddy, I don’t want to go back.’ I said, ‘I know you don’t, baby, and daddy don’t want to take you back, but you’re going to have to go.’ I said, ‘Do you understand me?’ He said, ‘Yes, sir.'”

“He said ‘Daddy, all I want you to do is feed me and let me take a shower,’ and that’s what I did for him.”

Jericho was with his mother Wednesday night. She then took him to be turned in to authorities.

Jericho fled around noon Tuesday from a Department of Social Services building where juvenile court hearings are held, the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said. He was in court to face two counts of first-degree murder and a charge of robbery with a dangerous weapon.

Jericho was in the custody of the NC Department of Public Safety Transport Team at that time. Details about how Jericho escaped weren’t immediately released. 

Related article: 13-year-old double homicide suspect escapes custody in North Carolina