Facebook is blocking users from sharing the link from a New York Post article reporting multi-million dollar property purchases made by Black Lives Matter founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors.

On Thursday, April 15, users of the social media giant found that they could not share a connection to a NY Post story about Khan-Cullors’ home purchases.

An error message appears when users try to submit the connection, claiming that the article “goes against our Community Standards.”

The BL can independently confirm the blocked link in several tests, including on the Facebook timeline and within direct Messenger messages.

There are no other New York Post stories on Facebook that are subject to the same restrictions.

“This content was removed for violating our privacy and personal information policy,” Facebook said in a statement to Tucker Carlson Tonight from Fox News.

Critics raised the alarm on Twitter.

[email protected] censoring the @nypost… where have I seen this before,” Sen Josh Hawley, R-Missouri, tweeted, alluding to Big Tech’s crackdown on the Post’s reporting on Hunter Biden during last year’s election campaign.  

.@Facebook censoring the @nypost … where have I seen this before https://t.co/tTZFnGj5wG

— Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) April 15, 2021

Last week, The New York Post broke a story revealing that Khan-Cullors had bought four high-end homes worth $3.2 million.

The Post’s report goes into great detail about these properties.

“The self-described Marxist last month purchased a $1.4 million home on a secluded road a short drive from Malibu in Los Angeles, according to a report. The 2,370-square-foot property features “soaring ceilings, skylights and plenty of windows” with canyon views. The Topanga Canyon homestead includes two houses on a quarter-acre and is just one of three homes Khan-Cullors owns in the Los Angeles area, public records show”, the Post reported.

The self-described Marxist “also eyed property in the Bahamas at an ultra-exclusive resort where Justin Timberlake and Tiger Woods both have homes,” according to the paper, noting that “luxury apartments and townhouses at the beachfront Albany resort outside Nassau are priced between $5 million and $20 million.” 

The revelation sparked anger among many on the left when they realized that the millions of dollars raised by BLM could not have gone entirely to activism. Hawk Newsome, the Greater New York Area Director of Black Lives Matter, has called for an “independent inquiry” into how BLM uses its funds, National File reported.

“If you go around calling yourself a socialist, you have to ask how much of her own personal money is going to charitable causes,” Newsome said. “It’s really sad because it makes people doubt the validity of the movement and overlook the fact that it’s the people that carry this movement.”

BLM is the biggest and most dangerous scam in American history. The grifters at the top of the organization enrich themselves while poor communities across the nation are devastated by the chaos they foment and profit off of. How could anyone still support these con artists?

— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) April 11, 2021

In response, the BLM has issued a fiery statement defending Cullors, claiming that this report “continues a tradition of terror by [W]hite supremacists against Black activists.”

On Tuesday, The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, with Cullors as executive director, issued a statement that proclaimed that Cullors “serves in this role in a volunteer capacity and does not receive a salary or benefits. Patrisse has received a total of $120,000 since the organization’s inception in 2013 for duties such as serving as a spokesperson and engaging in political education work. Patrisse did not receive any compensation after 2019.”

Patrisse Cullors is the Executive Director of Black Lives Matter Global NetworkFoundation (BLMGNF). She serves in this role in a volunteer capacity and does not receive a salary or benefits. pic.twitter.com/w43HJOdg2f

— Black Lives Matter (@Blklivesmatter) April 13, 2021

Last week, Twitter took similar steps, locking sports journalist Jason Whitlock’s account after he attacked the BLM co-founder.

“She’s with her people!” Whitlock wrote sarcastically along with a link to a story about Cullors’ purchase from celebrity blog site Dirt.com. Even though the article did not have an address and other outlets had already written on Cullors’ new home, Whitlock was informed on Friday that he had broken Twitter’s rules against “publishing private information.”

Later, Twitter reversed its decision, saying they had made it in error.

It is not the first time Big Tech has censored a viral New York Post story. Both Facebook and Twitter blocked the New York Post’s story, which exposed emails and embarrassing images from Hunter Biden, from being shared on their platforms in October 2020, right before the U.S. presidential election. Twitter also suspended the Post’s account for “distribution of hacked materials,” even though the content originated from Hunter’s laptop, which he had left at a repair shop.