On the same day of the attack, the Loudoun County school board was alerted to an alleged sexual assault inside a high school bathroom over the summer.

On May 28, Superintendent Scott Ziegler forwarded the information to the school board, the same day a female student at Stone Bridge High School reported being assaulted by a male student.

As The Daily Wire reported, local news outlet, WTOP received a copy of an email from Scott Ziegler, the Virginia school district’s superintendent, dated May 28 at 4:09 p.m., which said:

Good Afternoon, Board Members, The purpose of this email is to provide you with information regarding an incident that occurred at Stone Bridge HS.

This afternoon a female student alleged that a male student sexually assaulted her in the restroom. The Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) is investigating the matter.

Secondary to the assault investigation, the female student’s parent responded to the school and caused a disruption by using threatening and profane language that was overheard by staff and students.

Additional law enforcement units responded to the school to assist with the parent. In addition, the school’s counseling team is providing services for students who witnessed the parent’s behavior.

The alleged victim is being tended to by LCSO.

However, at a June 22 school board meeting, Ziegler said, “To my knowledge, we do not have any records of assaults occurring in our restroom.”

The Daily Wire reported earlier this month that the suspect had been transferred to another school where he allegedly sexually assaulted another girl in a classroom. Ziegler apologized for what he admitted was a “misleading” remark, claiming that he misunderstood the question and assumed it was about bathroom assaults involving transgender students. Because the assailant in May was reportedly wearing a skirt, and because Barts’ [board member] follow-up question had made it clear at the time that the question was not limited to transgender incidents, that apology simply sparked further questions.

“I regret that my comments were misleading and I apologize to the distress that error caused families,” he said.

Following The Daily Wire’s Oct. 11 story, board members, including Barts and Vice Chair Atoosa Reaser, issued statements claiming that “members of the Loudoun County School Board were not aware of the specific details of the incident until earlier this week.” However, the email demonstrates that Ziegler’s claim that there had been no record of sexual assaults in bathrooms was untrue.

After a second sexual assault at Broad Run High School by the same male student, Ziegler admitted that the school system failed to keep students safe.

“First, let me say to the families and students involved—my heart aches for you and I am sorry that we failed to provide the safe, welcoming, and affirming environment that we aspire to provide,” he added.

In recent weeks, Ziegler and members of the school board have been called to quit over allegations that they covered up two sexual assaults, per Fox 5.

On Monday, the student accused in these recent sexual assault cases will appear in court.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

  • SMS / PHONE

    By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.