Jared Drake Bell, an ex-Nickelodeon star, has been charged on two counts of crimes against a child in Ohio but has pleaded not guilty.

On December 1, 2017, the incident occurred when Bell was allegedly involved in a sensitive-content chat with a then-15-year-old girl during his concert in Cleveland.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office said that the victim filed a report to Canadian police a year after the incident.

Cleveland police, who launched an investigation into the claims, were notified by Canadian officials.

Investigators found out that the actor and the teenager have been in contact with each other for years. He had been sending the victim “inappropriate social media messages” months before the concert took place.

The “Drake and Josh” star posted on Twitter in October 2017 announcing his scheduled concert in Cleveland. However, as of Friday, June 4, the tweet has disappeared.

“Bell violated his duty of care and, in doing so, created a risk of harm to the victim,” Tyler Sinclair, a public relations officer with the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office, told CBS News.

Bell appeared in a Cuyahoga County courthouse on Thursday, according to court filings. He pleaded not guilty at the time and was released on $2,500 bail.

Court documents also show that the judge ordered Bell not to contact the alleged victim, and to provide a DNA sample to the sheriff.

A hearing is set for June 23 via Zoom.

Bell is now charged with attempted child endangerment, a fourth-degree felony, and spreading damaging information to minors, a first-degree misdemeanor.

Ian Friedman, Bell’s attorney, said that “all facts will be revealed in the courtroom,” and they would not provide any additional comments at this time. 

In recent years, the actor has been involved in several legal issues. Bell was charged with driving while inebriated in 2015.

Last year, Bell’s ex-girlfriend, Melissa Lingafelt, said that she had to endure the abusive relationship in which Bell had physically and verbally violated her.

The actor rejected Lingafelt’s charges at the time, but he did concede that both sides had called each other “terrible names.” He hinted that she was speaking out because she was on a “misguided quest for more money or attention.”

“I cannot and will not allow these offensive and defamatory allegations to go unchallenged and I am reviewing my legal options,” the actor concluded.