The White House physician said on Saturday, Oct. 10, that President Donald Trump is no longer at risk of transmitting the CCP Virus (coronavirus), more than a week after the president revealed that he tested positive for the virus.
In a memorandum published by the White House, Dr. Sean Conley said that President Trump meets the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) criteria for safely discontinuing isolation and that he is no longer considered a transmission risk following the currently recognized standards.
According to the memo, the president has been fever-free for well over 24 hours, while testing throughout his illness has shown decreasing viral loads.
The tests “reveal there is no longer evidence of actively replicating virus,” Conley said, adding that he will continue to monitor the president.
During an address from a White House balcony earlier in the day, President Trump said, “I’m feeling great.”
The address marked his first public appearance since he returned to office after being hospitalized for the CCP Virus treatment from Oct. 2 and leaving the hospital on Oct .5. During his speech before several hundreds of people gathered on the South Lawn on Saturday afternoon, the president said he was thankful for good wishes and prayers.
According to Fox News, President Trump spoke for 18 minutes, praising law enforcement and delivering the usual attacks on Democrat rival Joe Biden.
The president said that the virus infection brought him a better understanding of the disease.
As scheduled, President Trump will hold campaign rallies in Florida on Monday, then will move on to Pennsylvania and Iowa on subsequent days.