The Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) mouthpiece media talked of the U.S.’s hostile attitude. They vehemently declared support for a more robust defense system in terms of nuclear capacity to withstand a possible collision between the two countries.

Hu Xijin, an editor of the Chinese state-run newspaper the Global Times, wrote in an op-ed that as the U.S. constantly has unfavorable attitudes towards China, the CCP needed to quickly prepare for an imminent “nuclear showdown,” reported News.com.au.

“We must be prepared for an intense showdown between China and the U.S.,” Hu wrote. “The number of China’s nuclear warheads must reach the quantity that makes U.S. elites shiver should they entertain the idea of engaging in a military confrontation with China.”

He mentioned the development of nuclear weapon technology in China, stressing that the CCP needed to accelerate the process to compete with the U.S. “containment.”

“As the U.S. strategic containment of China has increasingly intensified, I would like to remind again that we have plenty of urgent tasks, but among the most important ones is to rapidly increase the number of commissioned nuclear warheads, and the DF-41s, the strategic missiles that are capable to strike long-range and have high-survivability, in the Chinese arsenal,” he wrote.

To deal with the potential showdown between both countries, Hu said a significant amount of DF-41 and JL-2 and JL-3 would be the “backbone of our strategic will.”

“Our nuclear missiles must be so numerous that the U.S. elite will tremble at the thought of military confrontation with China at that time,” Hu sternly emphasized.

“On this basis, we can calmly and actively manage divergences with Washington to avoid a minor incident sparking a war. U.S. hostility toward China is burning. We must use our strength, and consequences that Washington cannot afford to bear if it takes risky moves, to keep them sober,” the Global Times editorial read.

These inflammatory remarks came just days after President Joe Biden instructed the U.S. intelligence community to conduct an extensive investigation into the source of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Virus (COVID-19) that has been claiming millions of lives worldwide since 2019.

The first cases of CCP Virus infection in humans were reported in late 2019 in Wuhan city of Hubei province, China. Since then, the highly transmissive disease has spread at lightning speed to the rest of the world and so far is responsible for more than 3.5 million deaths worldwide.

Chinese officials have been sticking to the narrative that the virus evolved from natural causes and jumped from bats to humans via a local animal wet market.

However, several sources, including the Trump administration (who dubbed COVID-19 as the “Chinese virus”), clung to the allegation that the virus was an engineered product from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which managed to escape the laboratory that incubated it.

The hypothesis that the CCP virus is a manmade product was then labeled baseless conspiracy theory and censored by Big Tech, who wanted to curb the spreading of what they designated as “misinformation.”

The World Health Organization (WHO) was assigned to clarify the theory’s credibility, but its report released this March 30 said the chance was “extremely unlikely.” However, top U.S. officials, including U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, were not convinced and demanded more transparency.

The lab-leak theory recently gained even more traction when the U.S. media learned of three WIV scientists hospitalized due to symptoms resembling that of the COVID-19 disease in November 2019, one month before the outbreak began in China.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

  • SMS / PHONE

    By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.