According to a Sunshine State prosecutor, additional criminal charges against fugitive Brian Laundrie in the death of Gabby Petito are “extremely likely” if he is found alive.

“That’s coming,” Palm Beach County State Attorney David Aronberg said, adding that Laundrie’s decision to escape will also hinder his case if he is ever apprehended and charged, New York Post reported.

“At trial, his flight can come back to haunt him because the prosecutors can point to that,” Aronberg said during a recent interview with News Nation Now.

“In fact, it’s even in some jury instructions that says that if you flee, that is consciousness of guilt and juries hate it when you flee,” he said.

Laundrie, 23, has been missing since his parents claimed he left their North Port house on Sept. 14 and never returned.

After returning home from the couple’s ill-fated cross-country journey without Petito, a 22-year-old Long Island native, on Sept. 1, he refused to cooperate with police.

Last month, the FBI mounted a large manhunt for Laundrie and raided his home, returning at least twice for evidence.

Although Laundrie has not been charged in her death, he is the subject of a federal fraud warrant out of Wyoming for allegedly pocketing at least $1,000 in cash and items using someone else’s bank card.

The feds haven’t said if it was Petito’s card or not.

Petito’s body was discovered at a Wyoming campsite on Sept. 19, and her death was ruled a homicide by a coroner, although the cause of death has not yet been revealed.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

  • SMS / PHONE

    By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.