Among the violent riots led by Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters since Monday, Oct. 26, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a Vietnamese Baptist church was burned to the ground for no reason beyond creating chaos and destruction. 

The Vietnamese Baptist Church in Philadelphia was completely burned by BLM protesters on Tuesday night and the loss is total, Breitbart reported. A video released by local news media shows the irretrievable destruction of the building.

Pastor Philip Pham, in charge of the church, received a call Tuesday night from a parishioner reporting flames were seen and seven fire trucks surrounding the church. 

“I have no idea why they attacked our church,” Pham told mid-Kentucky Today, “They burned it from the roof. They threw flammable chemicals on the roof and [flames] burned through the roof and down through the rest of the building.”

According to the pastor’s accounts, the church not only functioned as a place of worship, but also served as a community center during the week, providing assistance with immigration and general counseling. 

Pham was deeply concerned about the existence of three hard drives inside the burned building, which contained information from more than 15 years of work serving the immigrant community. The pastor said that as soon as he received the call he began to pray for that valuable information.

When the firemen allowed him to enter building, his joy was immense when he could see that the three hard drives were intact even though everything else was in ashes. 

Pham said, “But that piece of hard drive, no harm. No harm at all. Just two feet above that, all melted. … That is amazing how God knows our needs and answers our prayers. He is an almighty God. He granted our prayer.”

After two nights of extreme violence in Philadelphia, following protests demanding justice for the murder of Walter Wallace. Wallace an African American was shot by the police after being warned to drop the knife in his hand in a confusing episode. 

Protesters took to the streets in Philadelphia on Monday night. According to evidence recorded by security cameras and witnesses, groups promoting organized violence attacked the police with objects of all kinds, mainly bricks, rocks, and other projectiles. 

On Tuesday the actions were repeated with even more violence and according to witnesses more than 1,000 organized people descended on the Port Richmond neighborhood where they looted several businesses, authorities confirmed to Fox News. That same night 15 people were shot, including a 15-year-old boy.

A live video shot from an ABC6 helicopter shows hundreds of people looting several businesses, including a food and wholesale store, which also sells furniture and electronics.

The unfortunate situation forced authorities to announce a curfew prohibiting the movement of citizens throughout the city. The ban was from 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28 to 6 a.m. on Thursday.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.