Police have revealed a 36-year-old woman has died in Duluth, Georgia, after her neighbor accidentally fired his gun, sending the bullet through the wall into the next-door apartment and hitting her in the head.
A 22-year-old Gwinnett County man has been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter, and reckless conduct after his gun accidentally went off while cleaning it, shooting his next-door neighbor in the head. He told police he had forgotten the gun was loaded.
Young actress Carlether Foley was discovered lying lifeless in bed with a bullet wound to the head by her 17-year-old son, Keyandre.
“It don’t feel real. I found my mama by myself,” said her son. “I just don’t get it. I don’t understand. She don’t bother nobody. My mama didn’t do nothing.”
“He was very hysterical,” said George Foley, brother of the deceased.. “It frightened him. He said he walked into the room but didn’t turn on the light. He called his mother’s name and she didn’t respond.”
George Foley stated he does not believe his sister’s death was an accident.
“It may have been an accident, but in my heart I don’t believe it,” George Foley said. “It just doesn’t sit well with me at all, it doesn’t. I can’t believe it.”
Keyandre is staying with his grandmother, Jacquline Foley, Carlether’s mother.
“You had no right to take my baby from me. You had no business taking her life away from her child. He’s 17 years old. This is his last year in school. You have hurt my family. You have took my baby.” said Jacquline.
Carlether Foley was an aspiring actress from Houston who moved to Atlanta to pursue her career. She appeared in several films and plays.
“Full of life and fun. She was always smiling. One thing about Carlether she was a go-getter,” George Foley said reports FOX 5atlanta.
“If you have a gun and you stay in an apartment you have to be careful with what you’re doing because some lives can be turned upside down. Our lives have been turned upside down,” Foley added.
“What’s getting us through is prayer,” Foley said.
Many tragic incidents like this happen across the states because people clean guns without unloading them.
On September 6, a 55-year-old man was rushed to hospital with a gunshot wound to the hand. The man had accidentally pulled the trigger while cleaning his gun, according to Goshen Police.
Another case happened on Clark Street near Murray Street on Sunday, August 1. Police said the 22-year-old man was cleaning his gun inside the house when it discharged, shooting his 22-year-old girlfriend in the neck. She was rushed to the hospital, where she died shortly after.