Members of the far-left antifa organization have barricaded themselves in an area of Portland, Oregon, in and around what is known as the “Red House.” The group has squatted declaring a 656-foot radius around the site as an “autonomous zone.” According to reports, the occupants have been there for several months, but after a confrontation with the police on Tuesday, Dec. 8, tension and the number of squatters increased considerably.

Jason Rantz, a Seattle radio host, was interviewed on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News program on Wednesday night, where he recounted details of the events that occurred at the “Red House.”

On Tuesday, local police, responding to several complaints, attempted a peaceful eviction from the house. When they arrived at the Red House, they found an armed person they managed to arrest. On entering, they did the same with the rest of the occupants. During the search, police found and confiscated several firearms.

According to the police report, after the seizures, the police remained on the sidelines while the private owners began to secure their property.

The occupants were reinforced by an army of antifa members who forced the police officers from the premises using extreme violence. 

According to the report, before the raid, the police received more than 80 calls from the conflict zone denouncing criminal activities of all kinds, perpetrated by the squatters.

Calls to the police included, but were not limited to: fights, disturbances, shots fired, burglary, thefts, vandalism, noise violations, trespassing, threats (including by armed individuals), and for illegally blocking traffic, sidewalks, and access to homes.

According to Rantz, “Right now they are barricaded, they have an arsenal of weapons, they have armed guards. It looks like they plan to be there for a long time, at least while the Portland police department is trying to figure out exactly what they are going to do.”

Early Wednesday, Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell said law enforcement officials were working to resolve the issue “peacefully, to increase the safety of everyone involved.”

“We are very concerned about the fortification of barricades, weapons storage, armed sentries, attacks on journalists, and threats to kill officers in graffiti in this public space,” Chuck Lovell added on his Twitter account.

On Tuesday morning, when police were forced to leave the place due to violent attacks—several journalists and witnesses uploaded videos of the events.

A local media outlet posted on its Twitter account, “Breaking News: Antifa violently attacks Portland Police officers in early-morning attack.”

The video clearly shows how the protesters unloaded fire extinguishers on police, threw objects at them, and punched and kicked them. 

Melissa Lewis, an independent journalist, attended and uploaded film material on her Twitter account. It can be seen how the squatters violently attack the police who were doing their job. 

According to the police report, the police managed to arrest about seven people, but District Attorney Mike Schmidt dropped all charges against the defendants just a few hours later. 

Schmidt has already been at the center of criticism several times for his permissive policies toward the antifa terrorist group and the extreme left protesters. They have repeatedly caused chaos in Portland.

On many occasions, those arrested have been released within hours without being charged.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.