As department officials reported, a Massachusetts lady died after cutting short a desert hike in Arizona due to extreme heat.

KNXV identified Dario Dizdar, a 14-year department vet, as the unnamed city employee hiking with Angela Tramonte, 31, before her body was discovered Friday, July 30, off the Echo Canyon Trail near a home on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix. That day, the temperature in Phoenix was around 104 degrees, and neither Dizdar nor Tramonte had any water with them.

Officials reported Dizdar claimed to be her “boyfriend” and that she felt overheated halfway up the trail on the 2,706-foot peak and decided to turn back while he kept on. He told investigators when he returned to the parking lot and couldn’t find her; he decided to call 911.

But last week was the first time Tramonte met Dizdar in person, according to her friends.

Her body was finally found about four hours later by emergency workers.

“He allowed her to walk down that mountain knowing she’s never hiked before, but he still allowed her, him knowing the conditions and the heat and what that would do to a person but you still allowed her to walk down that mountain alone,” said friend Sarina Viola.

“As a cop, as a first responder, you’re supposed to help people. If somebody’s walking up a mountain and you’re seeing her in distress, and she’s not feeling well, and she’s exhausted—why wouldn’t you walk her back down,” Stacey Gerardi told a WBZ journalist. “Why would you continue to walk back up? It doesn’t make sense.”

A Phoenix police spokeswoman told New York Post Tuesday that no charges have been filed in Tramonte’s death.

Fortune stated the medical examiner is awaiting toxicology results to determine Tramonte’s cause of death, which could take up to 90 days.

“The witness also told officers, during the hike Ms. Tramonte decided to head back down the trail and asked him to continue to the top to take pictures so that she could share them on social media,” police said in a statement.

“The city employee who was with Ms. Tramonte is a witness and is cooperating with investigators,” Phoenix police said. “He has been granted personal time off and has been offered resources to deal with this tragedy.”

On the other hand, Tramonte had just been in Arizona for less than 24 hours before she died, friends told CBS Boston.

“We want justice,” Tramonte’s friend, Stacey Gerardi, told the station. “We want answers. We need to keep pushing. That was my sister. We had 25 years of friendship.”

Tramonte’s friends and family still have many questions about what happened, and they’re expecting to get more answers in the coming days.

A GoFundMe page has been established to help with funeral expenses.