Child dies from brain-eating amoeba after visiting Texas splash pad

News 09/29/21, 05:32

Officials reported Monday Sept. 27 that a Texas child died after contracting a rare brain-eating amoeba detected in a Texas splash where the boy had visited, and that an investigation revealed gaps in water-quality testing at several parks.According to Tarrant County Public Health officials, on Sept. 5 a child had ...

After baby death, mother calls for changes at Salem Hospital

Health 03/24/19, 21:43

An Oregon mother who watched her 7-week-old baby die of meningitis is calling for changes at a hospital from which the child was initially discharged.Ginger McCall said her daughter was discharged from Salem Hospital's emergency room with what staff said was a routine infection, the Salem Statesman Journal reported . ...

Berlin nightclub patrons urged to get meningitis test

Europe 10/04/18, 00:49

Berlin authorities on Thursday urged patrons of a famed nightclub in the German capital to immediately visit a doctor to be checked for bacterial meningitis after a visitor was hospitalized for the illness.The patient likely contracted meningitis at the downtown club on Saturday, officials said.The KitKatClub is renowned for its ...

End of content

No more pages to load