The White House has listed President Donald Trump’s 10 biggest accomplishments for the American people in 2019.
1. The Trump Boom is going strong.
The unemployment rate recently hit its lowest mark in 50 years at 3.5%.
Since President Trump’s election, the U.S. economy has added more than 7 million jobs—over half a million in manufacturing alone.
2. The stock market keeps breaking records.
The S&P 500 index hit record closes again on the last trading day of 2019 (Dec. 31) at 3.230,78, representing an increase of 28.9% from a year earlier.
3. The working class is thriving, as are previously forgotten communities.
Wages are now rising the fastest for low-income workers, and poverty rates for African Americans and Latinos have reached all-time lows.
4. Accountable government is back.
Since taking office, President Trump has rolled back nearly eight regulations for every new one, saving American taxpayers more than $50 billion in the process—with bigger savings still to come.
5. Better trade deals are putting America back in the driver’s seat.
Congress approved President Trump’s USMCA trade deal in December—a huge win for U.S. workers, farmers, and manufacturers that will create 176,000 new jobs.
6. Trade with China in particular is about to get a whole lot fairer.
As part of a historic Phase One deal, Beijing has agreed to structural reforms in its trade practices and to make substantial purchases of American agricultural products.
7. Securing the border is paying off and making the United States safer.
President Trump struck new agreements with Mexico and Central American countries this year to help stop the flood of illegal immigration. Thanks to this swift action, border apprehensions fell by more than 70% from May to November.
8. On health care, President Trump is fighting to give U.S. patients the best system on Earth.
While Democrats try to take away choice, the president’s focus on affordability led to the largest year-over-year drop in drug prices ever recorded.
9. American interests are taking center stage abroad.
In one example, after years of not paying their fair share, NATO allies will have increased defense spending by $130 billion by the end of next year.
10. The U.S. military took out the world’s top terrorist in October.
U.S. troops are now getting the support they deserve. President Trump recently signed the National Defense Authorization Act for the 2020 fiscal year, which includes the biggest pay raise for the military in a decade.
The White House said those are “just a few of the biggest things” the president has gotten done for the United States in 2019 despite getting no help from the Democratic Party.