President Donald Trump during a press conference at the White House on Monday, May 11, suggested that new evidence will come to light to expose former President Barack Obama’s officials who President Trump believed had committed the biggest political crime in history. But now it’s “only the beginning.”

“Obamagate. It’s been going on for a long time. It’s been going on from before I even got elected,” President Trump said. “It’s a disgrace that it happened, and if you look at what’s gone on and if you look at now all of the information that is being released and, from what I understand, that’s only the beginning.”

“Some terrible things happened, and it should never be allowed to happen in our country again,” the president continued. “You’ll be seeing what’s going on over the coming weeks.”

Last week, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) released transcripts of interviews related to the Trump-Russia investigation, revealing top Obama officials said they had not seen evidence of collusion, coordination or conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016 election—the issue that drove the FBI’s initial case and later the special counsel probe. The officials responses align with the results of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation—which contradicts Schiff and prominent Democrats’ claim for years. 

“It was a very dangerous situation what they did,” President Trump said during an interview with “Fox & Friends” on Friday. “These are dirty politicians and dirty cops and some horrible people and hopefully they’re going to pay a big price in the not too distant future.”

Attorney General William Barr in an interview with CBS News last week indicated expansion of the ongoing investigation by U.S. Attorney John Durham who was appointed by Barr to review the origins of the Russia-Trump probe. 

“This is one particular episode, but we view it as part of a number of related acts … and we’re looking at the whole pattern of conduct,” Barr said, adding that he will ask U.S. Attorney Jensen, who reviewed the case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, “to do some more work on different items.” 

The Fox News on Monday reported Durham is going “full throttle” with his investigation with support from additional top prosecutors including Jensen and U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Timothy Shea.

“They farmed the investigation out because it is too much for Durham and he didn’t want to be distracted,” one of the sources told Fox News.

“He’s going full throttle, and they’re looking at everything,” the source told Fox News.