The House Rules Committee held a hearing this morning on Sen. Bernie Sanders’ proposed government-run healthcare plan. Americans should thank Congressional Democrats—for showing us exactly where they want to take this country.
The big idea of “Medicare for all” is to put Washington in charge of every American family’s healthcare. Specifically, here is what that entails:
- Canceling the current health plans of 180 million Americans
- Wiping out Medicare Advantage for more than 22 million people
- Abolishing the Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Ending Tricare support for U.S. service members’ families
- Providing free healthcare to illegal immigrants
And to pay for all that, the American middle class would face a massive tax hike to cover the $32 trillion price tag. “Doubling all currently projected federal individual and corporate income taxes would be insufficient” to pay for this single-payer system, George Mason University’s Charles Blahous said at today’s hearing.
“We oppose efforts from Democrats to raid Medicare to fund socialism, robbing seniors of their benefits.”
President Donald J. Trump