President Donald Trump, in his election campaign for the 2016 elections, presented himself as a pro-life candidate and during the last four years the facts show that he really acted accordingly. In contrast, his Democratic opponent in the next election, Joe Biden, as Obama’s vice president, defended abortion and the large corporations that made it an industry of abortion practices.
The Trump administration, since beginning its work in the White House, has worked to take steps to limit the power of large abortion corporations in the country and around the world. With these measures, it completely distanced itself from the eight years of the Obama administration, which far from being pro-life, was a great defender of abortion and the corporate interests behind the abortion industry.
In 2013, already in his second term as U.S. president, Barack Obama pledged to stand with Planned Parenthood against what he described as “efforts to turn back the clock on retrograde policies,” referring to the actions of some pro-life groups. As Breitbart reported at the time.
In April of that year, Obama met and addressed the abortion industry giant, Planned Parenthood. In his words, he praised the corporation’s nearly 100 years of “service to women” and condemned critics, he said, who “are trying to turn Planned Parenthood into a punching bag.”
Obama offered them his full support as the ruler of the United States, and in closing the speech he said to Planned Parenthood supporters, “Thank you. God bless you.”
Carrying out a completely opposite policy, always in favor of the two lives, President Trump carried out many measures, which were correctly detailed by Breitbart.
- Prohibition on any nongovernmental organization (NGO) receiving U.S. aid from performing and promoting abortion abroad
- Pro-life judges in the Supreme Court. In the last presidential debate of 2016, Trump declared,: “I am pro-life and I will appoint pro-life judges.” And he did appoint three judges who openly defend life: Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and recently Amy Coney Barrett
- He signed a resolution overturning an Obama rule that required states to fund Planned Parenthood’s family planning program
- It eliminated U.S. funding for UNFPA, a U.N. agency linked to support for population control programs, such as the Chinese Communist Party’s “one-child policy” of coercive abortion
- Required health insurance companies to publish which plans cover abortion, so that clients can know if they are being indirectly charged for co-paying for abortions and can choose whether to continue to pay for them or not
- Established the Conscience and Religious Liberty division within the Office of Civil Rights, which works to protect health care providers who do not wish to participate in abortions from discrimination
- Determined by law that abortion should not be considered “family planning,” thus ending all funding for pro-abortion campaigns that were distributed in the form of “family planning” policies
- Ended taxpayer-funded research using the bodies of aborted babies
- In January 2020, Donald Trump became the first U.S. president to speak at the March for Life in Washington, the nation’s largest pro-life event
- In September he announced that he will sign an executive order protecting live births. Ensuring that all those who are premature or born from failed abortions receive the medical care they need
The road in the fight for two lives is a long one, and President Trump pledged his continued support if elected to a second term.