The liberal legacy news media exaggerated the demonstration and “riot” at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 as a terrorist attack, an armed uprising, or a pre-planned attempt to capture the U.S. Capitol by Trump supports.
According to the Gateway Pundit:
- The demonstrators were unarmed.
- In the U.S. Capitol, no weapons were seized from protesters.
- A Capitol Hill Police lieutenant was the only one who fired a shot.
- There was no attempt by Trump supporters to seize control of the U.S. Capitol.
- President Trump called for a peaceful protest.
- An armed rebellion was not planned by the Oath Keepers.
- The $2 billion in damages from the 2020 BLM-Antifa protests dwarfed the total damages of potentially $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Police waved hundreds of demonstrators into the U.S. Capitol.
Prosecutors requested another 60 days on Friday, March 12, to construct another case against the demonstrators. They didn’t get anything.
Federal prosecutors requested a 60-day delay in a series of cases linked to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot in a filing filed Friday morning, identifying the massive investigation as potentially the most complex the Department of Justice has ever prosecuted.
More than 300 suspects have been charged in connection with the attack, which FBI Director Christopher Wray has described as “domestic terrorism,” according to Axios.
Federal prosecutors are looking into “conspiratorial activity” that started before Jan. 6, in addition to individual crimes like abuse, trespassing, and destruction of government property.
Axios continued: In almost every state and Washington, D.C., more than 900 search warrants have been executed. Investigators from hundreds of federal and local law enforcement agencies gathered the following documents and evidence:
- From the day of the attack, over 15,000 hours of surveillance and body-worn camera footage were obtained.
- Around 1,600 electronic devices, as well as the findings of hundreds of electronic communications provider queries.
- Over 210,000 tips were submitted, with video, photo, and social media making up a large portion of the total.
- There are over 80,000 records and 93,000 attachments relevant to suspect and witness interviews.