A video made by two doctors in California quickly went viral last week, and YouTube was just as quick to take it down.
This comes after a recent announcement, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki promised to remove any videos that weren’t compliant with the World Health Organization’s take on the CCP Virus, and apparently, that also includes advice, albeit controversial, on the pandemic from experts in the field.
Two physicians from California, Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi of Accelerated Urgent Care in Bakersfield have given citizens over 5,000 CCP Virus (coronavirus) tests, and have called for quarantine as it stands to be done away with, comparing the CCP Virus to the seasonal flu.
“Do we need to still shelter in place? Our answer is emphatically no,” Erickson said. “Do we need businesses to be shut down? Emphatically no. Do we need to test them and get them back to work? Absolutely.” Erickson continued by saying that the CCP Virus and the seasonal flu are “similar in their prevalence and death rates.”
Docs make good points https://t.co/WeXuZpMghY
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 26, 2020
“If you study the numbers in 2017 and 2018, we had 50 to 60 million with the flu,” Erickson said. “And we had a similar death rate in the deaths the United States were 43,545—similar to the flu of 2017-2018. We always have between 37,000 and 60,000 deaths in the United States, every single year. No pandemic talk. No shelter in place. No shutting down businesses.”
Speaking on the topic of immunity, Erickson warned continued quarantining could cause the immune system to become weakened. “Sheltering in place decreases your immune system. And then as we all come out of shelter in place with a lower immune system and start trading viruses, bacteria—what do you think is going to happen? Disease is going to spike,” Erickson explained.
The duo filmed a video with KERO-TV, in which they gave their medical opinions on the lockdown. It was then uploaded to YouTube and quickly went viral, garnering 5.46 million views.
It was removed from YouTube on Monday, April 27, for “violating YouTube’s Terms of Service.”
A statement was issued by YouTube to 23ABC News when they reached out for an explanation, “We quickly remove flagged content that violate our Community Guidelines, including content that explicitly disputes the efficacy of local healthy authority recommended guidance on social distancing that may lead others to act against that guidance,” said the statement.
“However, content that provides sufficient educational, documentary, scientific or artistic (EDSA) context is allowed—for example, news coverage of this interview with additional context. From the very beginning of the pandemic, we’ve had clear policies against COVID-19 misinformation and are committed to continue providing timely and helpful information at this critical time,” the statement continued.
Dr. Erickson responded to the video’s removal saying, “Anytime you push against the grain, you are going to have people who don’t like it.”
Recently, Wojcicki said, “Anything that would go against World Health Organization recommendations would be a violation of our policy … [removal] is another really important part of our policy.”
Remember the false information that the WHO pedaled about the spread of the CCP Virus, it was a study from the CCP claiming that humans couldn’t spread the coronavirus to each other.
The WHO however, has no restrictions on YouTube.
23ABC has appealed the ruling through YouTube and said in a statement, “The full press briefing can still be viewed here on our website, our mobile, and tablet app, our streaming devices (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, and Apple TV) and our Facebook.”