After the 20th National Congress, the CCP has continued to implement strict lockdown and control measures, but the pandemic has not subsided. Guangzhou city has suffered the most severe outbreak in three years. Authorities locked down the Haizhu district for three days from November 5 to November 7. Many people rushed to leave the local area at midnight on November 4, and tens of thousands of people in Chengzhong village, Haizhu district, were sent to quarantine.

The prevention and control measures announced by the Haizhu district, Guangzhou city authorities include: strictly controlling the movement of people, implementing temporary traffic control, and suspending subway and bus services.

A video taken by residents in Haizhu district, Guangzhou city, from a high-rise building shows a road dense with traffic. The video said, “Look at these people fleeing. It’s now past 11 p.m. on the 4th. It’s horrible, tragic.”

Previously, parts of Guangzhou were classified as high and medium-risk areas, people were not allowed to step out of their homes, and supplies were inadequate. Some people have been locked down for more than 20 days. Many people are worried about paying rent and making a living.

A video shows Kangle village and Lujiang village residents fighting for food and people-police clashes.

Another video shows that there was no supply of necessities in the Haizhu district. The migrant workers could not stand the lockdown, so they joined forces to knock down the quarantine wall. 

According to Sina, the local authorities said that the outbreak in Guangzhou is concentrated in Chengzhong village, with a dense population and crowded buildings. Therefore, it is necessary to use strong measures to control the pandemic.

From the evening of November 3, people in Chengzhong village, Haizhu district, were taken to quarantine. A video shows Lujiang village, in Haizhu district, people lining up for quarantine during the night. Reports say that 500 buses were dispatched and picked up tens of thousands of people. The total length of the convoy exceeded about three-quarters of a mile (1 km), and many people were stranded in buses because quarantine hotels were full.

Wang Qiang (alias), who was transferred from Guangzhou to Dongguan for quarantine, told an Epoch Times reporter on November 5, “We come from Kangle Village and Lujiang Village in Haizhu district. They didn’t tell us anything before that. Then, on the night of November 2, when we were sleeping around 11 p.m. or 12 a.m., they knocked on the door and told us to pack up and go right away. We didn’t know where we would go.”

He said that thousands of people were taken away in just two nights. “The people of Kangle Village and Lujiang Village are being taken away (transported) daily, and dozens of buses are at each intersection. It is estimated that there are 150,000 to 200,000 people in the village. So when we went on the night of November 2, there was a long line of buses at the intersection—more than 100—and several intersections filled with buses in other localities.”

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.