Bluetooth headphones have become very popular in recent years due to their convenience.

According to the Singtao news outlet, on October 9, a man in eastern China’s Zhejiang province was wearing a wireless Bluetooth headset around his neck while working. 

Sparks and smoke suddenly burst out from the Bluetooth headphones. In a panic, the man quickly took it off and threw it on the ground.

The man confirmed that the headphones exploded while he was working.

He was not injured. But his hands were burned a little.

He said he bought it for about $12 (89 yuan) and used it for two or three months.

After that, the man contacted customer service. They said that his headphones might have a short circuit and would send him another pair.

Fires caused by electronic products have frequently occurred in recent years.

According to The Paper, in April 2020, a resident’s home in Changzhou caught fire.

The fire came out from the balcony on the second floor and continued to spread upstairs.

The mobile phone that was charging next to the sofa caused the fire.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.