A fun outing with the family can turn into several days of anguish. On October 31, Shanghai authorities decided to abruptly shut down the theme park while visitors were still inside.

Videos circulating on the Chinese social network, WeChat, showed people desperately running toward the park’s exit gates, which were closed without notice.

The Shanghai government announced on its WeChat account that it will carry out tests on all the people locked in the park, and that they will not be allowed to return home unless they show a negative result. Also, those who have visited the site after October 27 will have to undergo three days of testing Reuters reported on October 31.

The Disney resort facilities will remain closed until further notice, affecting the surrounding areas as well as its commercial sector, including Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown, and Wishing Star Park. Only 10 asymptomatic cases had been reported in the city a day prior to the resort shutdown.

Despite the surprise closure, several of the amusement rides did not stop working. A company spokesman said the attractions will continue to operate with “limited offerings,” following government health measures.

The park had already suffered through 3 months of inactivity, when the city experienced strict lockdowns earlier this year. Also, in November last year, 30,000 visitors were locked up for two days, awaiting the results of their tests.

This is not the first time that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has surprised Chinese residents with its extreme measures. 

Small roadside booths for forced quarantine 

According to a video posted by Chinese journalist, Jennifer Zeng, on October 20, the city of Zhengzhou began using an improvised measure, putting people’s health at risk. 

These are small structures of 11 square feet, made of thin transparent plastic, which lack thermal insulation, heating, furniture, toilets, and blankets. Ventilation filters through the bottom and there is no door or other access.  

The capital of Henan province can reach temperatures as low as 41 F at this time of the year, putting the health of the detainees at risk. While in the small booths, the detainees can only stand or crouch.

The short video shows a long row of booths, located along an avenue, with little distance between them. These facilities are supposed to be temporary, although it is uncertain how long citizens will be forced to stay in them.   

Although only three new cases were detected in Zhengzhou on October 16, the extreme measures forced the city to close the following day as part of the “zero-COVID” policy.

Furthermore, the measures forced thousands of employees to remain at their workplaces, which generated inconveniences in one of the largest factories, which supplies parts for iPhones.

On October 31, Foxconn staff fled the factory in Zhengzhou, and began walking home, avoiding public transportation because authorities had turned their health codes yellow or red.

One of the workers told the Financial Times, that it was “total chaos in the dormitories” that they had to remain locked in. “We jumped a plastic fence and a metal fence to get out of the campus.”  Meanwhile, the company’s headquarters, in Taiwan, said it will not prevent the workers from leaving.

Extreme sanitary measures result in fatal accident

In September, a bus carrying 47 people from the city of Guiyang to a remote quarantine center was involved in an accident and 27 people were killed, and the rest had to be hospitalized, Voice of America (VOA) reported.

VOA reported comments from angry and frustrated citizens in the capital city in Guizhou province things like, “No ordinary people are against pandemic prevention. What the ordinary people oppose is … harassment of people.” Another commented, “We are all on the bus leading to death.”

The CCP is suffocating people with its “Zero Covid” policy 

Xinjiang, home to 22 million people, where citizens in the affected areas were banned from leaving their homes, leading to severe food shortages, medicine, and other essentials.

According to Radio Free Asia (RFA), on September 15, at least 22 people died of starvation in a single day in the northern Xinjiang city of Ghulja. City officials refused to give the names and where the victims came from, but gave a range of 20 to 22 deaths for the day.

One of the officials contacted by RFA said, “There are 20 people who have died of starvation. Don’t call back.” 

Also, in early October, the region’s government restricted travel, suspending the departure of interprovincial buses and most flights. 

In Tibet, under CCP control since 1950, the situation is no better. Tibet has also been under harsh quarantine and lockdown conditions for 2 months.

Hundreds of residents have reportedly been moved en masse to quarantine centers. And in the capital, Lhasa, these centers have increased, using empty stadiums, schools, and buildings, some unfinished and in very poor condition. At least five suicides have been reported as of late September, due to the harsh conditions. 

The Chinese regime has tightened its control over the population, and does not allow people to talk about it. Anyone who shares information over the internet will be punished with 15 days of “internet re-education,” or “cyber security re-education.”

Detention takes place in wards, which function like prisons, where uncooperative inmates are often beaten or tortured. Since mid-October, 22 netizens still remain detained in the capital.

The truth is that as the rest of the world eases its health demands, which have both mentally and financially drained people, the CCP instead seeks to increase its control, subjecting the Chinese people to its ruthless repression in the name of health, causing more and more rejection both in China and the rest of the world.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.