According to SingTao News, on November 27, in Qingdao, Shandong, around 100 students at Qingdao Changle No. 2 Middle School experienced vomiting and diarrhea after eating in the school cafeteria. Some students were transported to the hospital for treatment because they had severe symptoms. Jimo District Education and Sports Bureau said that the incident is being investigated.

At noon on November 27, people started experiencing diarrhea and vomiting in class. Six people who experienced symptoms ate the Chinese hamburger called ‘Roujiamo’ at the cafeteria, which led them to assume that this may be the cause.

Another student pointed out that the meat filling in the Roujiamo tasted slightly sour. At that time, they thought it was vinegar, so they didn’t pay much attention. By around 6 p.m, he and other classmates had diarrhea, vomiting, and dizziness symptoms.

According to the Jimo District Education and Sports Bureau’s staff, 98 pupils were admitted to the hospital for treatment and have since been released. Other pupils who took medication at school recovered the same day. Although initial suspicions pointed to food poisoning, the test results will be definitive. The District Health Bureau has taken the food samples for testing.

Qingdao Changle No. 2 High School was established in 2020 and is a private high school. Within one month of its establishment, the Jimo District Market Supervision Bureau rated the school cafeteria as an A-level.

Sign up to receive our latest news!

By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.